In order to access this funding the following eligibility is required:1
- Learners must have a contract of employment.
- The cost of the apprentice’s wages must be met by the employer.
- The apprentice must have a job role within the organisation that provides the opportunity for them to gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to achieve their apprenticeship.
- The apprentice must have appropriate support from within the organisation to carry out their job role.
- Learners must not be enrolled on another apprenticeship, or another DfE funded FE/HE programme, at the same time as any new apprenticeship they start.
- Learners must spend at least 50% of their working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Learners must have the right to work in England.
- All apprentices must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Learners must be one of the following:
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the right of abode in the UK, and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA, for at least the previous three years on the first day of learning.
- OR, a non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
All eligibility will be checked prior to enrolment onto the qualification. Please note relevant evidence may be required.
1 Skills Funding Agency, Apprenticeship Funding, March 2017